So after having a lot of other things that had to be done, I got some time over to continue the project. First I had to cut the 29 potaxels down to 12mm (1/2 inch) to fit the knobs.
I then started to mount them one by one on the frontpanel.
As I tightened the nuts I managed to make some small scratches in the panel but I can live with them as they are not that obvious.
Whohaa! A whole forest of pots. This will require some amount of wiring I guess.
And finaly the pots and knobs mounted.
This time the pictures are not a simulation but the real thing.
The next update will be the LCD-display and a rotary knob for patch/parameter change.